This is a dish that I make when I am on a diet. It’s one of the few things that I will eat with relish because it’s really tasty and it’s pasta and God knows you feel gloriously lucky if you’re allowed to eat pasta when you’re trying to lose weight. I am not dieting right now due to dismal willpower plus I feel like it’s just too cold at this time of year to deny oneself comfort food. We can’t all be my friend Jo who is currently sunning herself in Dubai. Bitch.
Anyway that’s the great thing about this meal, because it is comfort food! YUM. Also if you’re not on a diet and really couldn’t care less about calories etc by all means add more cheese. I find almost everything can be improved by adding more cheese.
- 3 rashers of bacon with all visible fat removed
- 2 large free range eggs
- 2 tbsp. fat free natural fromage frais
- 1 level tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Small handful of fresh chives
- 200g dried spaghetti
- Trim all visible fat from the bacon and snip into pieces with kitchen scissors. Dry fry in a frying pan over a high heat.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Drain well and return to saucepan.
- Lightly beat the eggs, season to taste and stir in the fromage frais, the Parmesan cheese and the chives.
- Add the bacon to the drained spaghetti and mix well over a low heat, then remove from the heat and stir in the egg mixture. Toss thoroughly letting the sauce coat the pasta. It will thicken slightly as it cooks from the residual heat.
- Serve immediately.
The saltiness of the bacon means I don’t add any salt but I like to add some black pepper. Tasty, filling and super speedy to make! A really satisfying lunch or supper.
*Use gluten free spaghetti and this recipe will be entirely gluten free and coeliac friendly! 👍🏻